Music Studio Policy
1. Lessons must be paid for in advance by the month, term or year. Post-dated cheques are an acceptable method of payment.
2. One month’s notice must be given prior to termination of lessons and all fees must be up to date.
3. Parental involvement in the progress of students is encouraged. Parents are welcome to attend lessons.
4. No allowance will be made for lessons missed by students (except by special arrangement in cases of prolonged illness).
5. In the event of the teacher’s absence, adjustment will be made.
6. Time lost because of a student’s lateness cannot be made up.
7. The student must not enter into examinations, performances or auditions without the prior knowledge and approval of the teacher.
8. Teachers respect the provision of Federal Legislation regarding protection of privacy. Personal information provided by parents will not be shared with others without expressing authorization by the parents.
9. Teachers are bound by the Code of Ethics contained in the By-Laws of The Ontario Registered Music Teachers’ Association.